Social media. Love it or hate it, it’s quickly become an integral part of the world and has paved the way for contemporary digital marketing.
Over recent years, new social platforms have evolved rapidly, reshaping how we communicate and consume information.
But with its popularity comes plenty of competition and saturation, so how do you stay afloat and keep up to date with the latest trends and success stories? In this blog, we’ll answer all of your social media software questions like ‘why is social media marketing important?’ and ‘how to find the best social media management in the UK?’.
The Rise of New Social Media Platforms
As new social media platforms emerge, they showcase innovative features and reach a variety of demographics, providing exciting opportunities for new engagement and brand growth.
For your business to remain relevant and grab your consumers’ attention, in the plenitude of online marketing tactics, it’s important to pay attention to the ever-changing life on the web. One of the most obvious advancements on old and new social media platforms is short-form video content – With platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels taking centre stage, prioritising short and catchy videos over text and static images is vital.
Let’s take a look at a few of the newest social channels…
Threads was first launched by Meta in July 2023 with a similar format to Twitter, allowing users to text-style comments. Threads is automatically integrated with Instagram profiles, meaning new users can seamlessly connect their followers straight over.
After a huge boom in downloads when the app was first released, active users have since swiftly declined by around a whopping 75%, with disinterested audiences suggesting the app has technical faults, it couldn’t connect to any scheduling software, it’s completely algorithm-based, and more difficulties. Daily usage for the app has dropped down to little over 6 minutes.
Formally Twitter, X has faced some serious controversy this past year with Elon Musk causing much debate across the media. According to the X CEO, total revenue has dropped by $1.4 billion from 2022 to 2023. Saying that, 71% of global, medium-sized companies are still using X – with 52% of these posting once a day!
Making waves amongst new social media platforms, BeReal encourages users to literally be real and share one photo a day, from both the front and back camera (whenever the notification comes through from the app), without any edits or filters. Approximately 2.93 million BeReal open the app at least once a day, with the vast majority of these individuals falling into the Gen Z category.
Of all the new social media platforms, TikTok management and marketing really knew how to take the world by storm. Users love the app so much, they spend a mega 95 minutes (at least) per day on the platform! TikTok even evolved into a hub for e-commerce, with integrated shopping features allowing users to purchase products directly from the new social media platform.
Why is social media marketing important?
Social media management plays a crucial role in digital marketing for many reasons, including:
- Social media platforms offer a unique opportunity for engagement with an expansive online demographic.
- This method of marketing allows businesses to establish a direct line of communication with their target audience, opening the door for real-time interactions.
- An active and well-maintained social media presence enhances brand visibility and awareness.
- Relevant and regular content and tactical use of hashtags can increase a business’s online reach, attracting new followers and potential customers.
- It enables businesses to foster brand loyalty and trust.
- Social media allows for data-driven decision-making from an in-depth variety of analytics.
- This method of digital marketing is a cost-effective channel for advertising and promotion.
New social media platforms are an indispensable tool for businesses in today’s digital landscape. Luckily, at Fenti, we have a team of experts who can lead you on your way to digital marketing success and tackle all of the social hurdles on your behalf!
Fenti Marketing: Social Media Management UK
Our team of Social Media Executives stay at the forefront of industry trends, making sure your brand benefits from the latest strategies – all while freeing up your resources to focus on your primary business activities.
Our tailored approach means that your organic and paid content is seen by the right people, at the right time, and with the right messaging.
Here are our 7 top tips for navigating new social media platforms:
- Research and Explore: Any social media channel starts with playing around, get to know the basic format and features, like how to schedule and create content.
- Watch Tutorials and Guides: For more in-depth knowledge of how the software works, head to their website and YouTube to watch handy tutorials.
- Follow Experts and Influencers: Nowadays, most influencers and experts are openly sharing their advice on how they gained online success.
- Check the Analytics: Most new social media platforms offer integrated analytics, if not you can always purchase an add-on, to check how your content is performing.
- Adapt and Evolve: New versions of the platform with impressive development are constantly being released, not to mention the ever-changing algorithms, make sure you alter your tactics to fit these.
- Be Aware of Privacy and Safety: Concerns about privacy and data security have grown, prompting increased scrutiny and regulation of social software.
- Measure ROI: Track yourreturn of driven leads and sales against the total campaign costs and efforts from social media marketing.
Get a free quote from us today to discover our variety of social media management packages to get the perfect coverage for your business!