How does SEO work?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation – Basically, it improves a web page or website’s visibility across search engines and determines how well they rank towards the top of the page. Visibility is determined by the search engine’s algorithm, which factors in key points like keywords, content quality, readability and layout, and backlinks.
If you’re relying on the internet to get leads for your business, you’ll want to be on page 1 or 2 of online search results – The first two pages mean more clicks and the increased likelihood of appearing trustworthy to potential consumers.
What is SEO management?
If you’re feeling a little lost on how to improve your SEO, it’s undoubtedly worth outsourcing the management! SEO management means that a digital marketing specialist will:
- Audit your website to see what improvements it needs
- Research your audience and competitors thoroughly
- Look at the back end of the website/web pages and see if the technical side can be enhanced e.g., speed and mobile-friendly
- Write SEO-targeted content for humans by humans
- Do digital PR and add backlinks (links to other websites as a citation – search engines love this!)
- Track how well the online visibility is doing and make amendments (if needed)
- Generate reviews from your customers to improve your online reputation
6 reasons why you should outsource SEO:
- It’s not a simple task – You need SEO experts to devise a plan, not to mention there’s a lot of competition to go up against.
- Google and other search engines are constantly changing their algorithms and systems – It can be difficult to keep up without years of experience.
- It takes time to learn the ins and outs of SEO to try it yourself – Therefore, it’s more cost-effective to outsource and you’ll see faster results.
- Professional SEO agencies avoid ‘black hat’ SEO tactics – Like backlinking to spam sites.
- An outsourced digital marketing agency can see the bigger picture and aren’t too focused on the business’s day-to-day specifics that can cloud vision.
- Not doing your own SEO frees up your teams’ time – Allowing them to focus on their own expertise and workload.
We hope we’ve covered all the SEO basics and sparked your fancy to outsource your SEO marketing!
Fenti is here to answer any questions or concerns you may have with SEO and elevate your ranking game. We have a reputation as the top choice for search engine optimisation in the UK, so you can rest assured you’re in good hands with us.