Table of Contents
Let’s make the switch to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) together!
Has your business got around to updating to Google Analytics 4 (GA4) yet? Nope? Then keep reading, you need to take urgent action.
Google has thrown a major spanner into the digital works, by adding a dramatic countdown to the Google Analytics site – with the date looming to make the switch, we thought we’d let you know what it’s all about and how we can help with the transition!
What is GA4?
In addition to tracking website traffic and engagement, users have also been utilising Google’s analytical platform called ‘Universal Analytics’ (UA) to optimise their search engine presence and analyse pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns. This platform has provided valuable insights into Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) efforts, allowing users to analyse and enhance their website’s visibility and rankings in search engine results.
With data protection and the migration away from cookies at the forefront of data scientists’ minds, it’s no surprise the time has come to move into a new GA4 platform which enhances privacy and removes the reliance on cookies.
What happens if you don’t switch?
If you haven’t moved over to GA4 before UA sunsets in July, you will not be able to record and report on the analytics of your websites. Google has announced historic UA data will still be accessible for 6 months, after which all data will be deleted entirely… Basically, move or lose.
Key Features of GA4
- Event-driven data model for tracking user interactions.
- Cross-platform tracking for analysing behaviour across devices.
- AI and machine learning for intelligent insights and predictions.
- Streamlined measurement and reporting experience.
- Enhanced privacy controls and compliance.
- Integration with Google Ads and other products.
- Customisation options for tracking specific data.
Benefits of Switching to GA4
Enhanced user tracking across platforms
GA4 allows you to track user interactions across websites, mobile apps, and other platforms, providing an enhanced holistic view of user behaviour and engagement.
AI-driven insights and predictions
AI and machine learning capabilities, enabling automated insights, anomaly detection, and predictive metrics for more intelligent and actionable analysis.
Privacy compliance and alignment
Google Analytics 4 is designed to align with evolving privacy regulations and industry trends. By switching, you ensure your analytics setup remains up-to-date and compliant.
Streamlined measurement and reporting
Streamlined measurement and reporting experience, making it easier to set up tracking, create custom reports, and access the data you need for analysis.
Privacy-focused features included
GA4 includes features to address user privacy concerns, offering options for data deletion, user opt-outs, and data retention controls to ensure compliance and respect user preferences.
Integration with other Google products
Seamlessly integrating with Google Ads, Google Analytics 4 enables better measurement and optimisation of your advertising campaigns. It also integrates with other Google products, facilitating data sharing and analysis.
Customisation for unique tracking
It provides customisation options, allowing you to define custom events, parameters, and user properties tailored to your unique tracking requirements.
How Fenti can help!
- For a one-off charge of £115 (plus VAT) per website, we can migrate your website from UA to GA4
- We recommend switching soon rather than later, so GA4 can start building data – and you’re not starting from zero in July
- Fenti will help you choose the most accurate and long-lasting setup
- If you’re not sure how to use GA4 once you’ve switched, you can schedule a chat with a Fenti expert to go over all the ins and outs
- You can keep using your UA platform until July even if you activate GA4 now